Family’s holiday ruined as hotel ceiling collapses and dad left with tropical disease

0
596

THE hotel room was flooded, the ceiling collapsed and the beach was filled with seaweed. But results of medical tests when they got home were the final straw.

A UK family’s $5000 holiday to Mexico was ruined when their hotel ceiling collapsed and the dad was left with a disease caused by eating human poo.

The Madley family say they had to paddle through flood water every day and attempted to sun themselves on a disappointing beach, very different to the one featured in the brochure.

Heavy rain brought down part of the ceiling at the Bahia Principe Coba Hotel in Riviera Maya, Yucatan and daughter Madison, 9, suffered a head injury after slipping on a wet floor during their two-week stay.

Adding insult to injury, dad Scott, 29, contracted cyclospora — a tropical disease usually caused by eating food contaminated with human faeces.

Read More….